Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/1/2016 12:06:24 PM EDT
I've been using PMAGs since I bought my DD rifle and have not experienced any issues for over a year until shooting at the range a month ago when I was unable to get the mag to lock into place unless the BCG was locked back before insertion.  Since that time, I've been forced to pull the charging handle to lock the BCG back before loading to get the mags to lock into place.  This doesn't seem normal but I though I'd ask here.  I've looked to see what might be impeding the mag from locking in place but I can't find anything except the BCG at the top of the mag well.  Any ideas or recommendations?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like a mag release issue.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:37:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Ohhh, I'll try that tomorrow when I hit the range.  Thanx for the tip.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I find that all my mags will feel like they won't seat when at full capacity and bolt forward. Have you tried smacking the shit out of the floorplate to force it in? I know that is an AK solution, but it's what I do when a mag is misbehaving.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:34:23 AM EDT
[#5]
My pmags will hold 31 rounds if I remember correctly, but wont seat. Make sure youre only loading 30rds or whatever size they are in them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I went out to the range and tried my PMag2 using only partially loaded and it didn't change the problem.  If the bolt is forward, the mag won't lock in place.  Period.  If I charge the bolt, the mag locks, or if I start from a bolt open position, everything is great.  They just won't seat when I first pull the weapon from the case.  Hummmmm...
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top