Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2016 2:48:59 AM EDT
The pistol has had a number of issues with "double feeds" (fired case on top, live round below it). It works for 60 -90 rds before this starts happening. I've replaced defective parts in the extractor and staked the gas key. The rest of the story (and a picture) can be found on this thread in Pistols: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/703336_.html.

I think the pistol is overgassed and that the buffer is hitting the rear of the receiver extension, contemplating installing a very heavy buffer, maybe a heavy buffer spring and/or a longer receiver extension.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 6:25:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine did this had to install heavy extractor spring and o-ring under extractor. Run fine now.  I tried everything else first with no luck.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I just did this with BCM's spring kit with the O ring. Need to get to the range.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]
It worked fine except for the recoil. Spoke to Randall at AR15Barrels.com today. A pistol in 5.56 with a .076 gas hole is severely overgassed. Time for an adjustable gas block. I've been looking for a Syrac but they seem to be sold out everywhere. Anybody have any suggestions? Odin?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It worked fine except for the recoil. Spoke to Randall at AR15Barrels.com today. A pistol in 5.56 with a .076 gas hole is severely overgassed. Time for an adjustable gas block. I've been looking for a Syrac but they seem to be sold out everywhere. Anybody have any suggestions? Odin?
View Quote

Rubber City Armory adjustable gas key. Half the cost of an adjustable gas block, and works the same - tame that beyotch right down.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top