Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/26/2016 8:38:21 AM EDT
I am a Marine veteran from the 90's so yes I had a m16a2....nothing like what we have today. So in regards to a lot of todays weapons I am by no means up to speed tech wise...I have a new ATI Omni Maxx Hybrid 300 aac blkout. Yes I should have spent more and got better quality, but at any price she should at least run right? Anyway, I am using Remington supersonic ammo, amend 2 mag and pmag.......both do the same. She fires one round and bolt stays back like it would with an empty mag, but the mag has rounds. After about 30 single fired rounds, she finally manage to shoot 3 rounds in row until it locked back again. It managed to again shoot 3 rounds then lock back again. The bolt release with let the bolt go home and chamber a round like normal, everything seems to work normal other than that issue. My 16 year old son also fired it with the same results.....Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:39:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, will be looking at those areas soon. I will post back with what I find.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#3]
ATI has sent me a new gas block and tube/ mag catch/bolt catch.....
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#4]
So far....The only thing I could find is the gas rings were lined up together exactly the same causing a big gap....
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#6]
The bolt locks back exactly as if it was an empty magazine. You can send it home with bolt release and it chambers a round and will fire all like it is supposed too. Fire and it ejects casing and stays back....There is no binding anywhere with bolt carrier and there are no marks on charging handle. The gas tube and all line up and operate normal.The buffer and spring seem to be ok too. I will change both the bolt and magazine catches this evening.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I changed the bolt catch and it fired correctly using same ammo in same mags I had when it was locking back. I noticed immediately that the one ATI sent me was shorter in length on the portion that catches the mag follower. This seemed to be the fix. The extra length must been resting on a round each time holding it up enough to lock bolt back.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top