Colt 9mm LRBHO
Mega LPK EXCEPT Hammer
DPMS M16 Hammer, no rat tail
KNS Pins
TROS barrel
ADCO unramped bolt
MVB ARC stock with 9mm buffer

Insert magazine
Pull charging handle, Chamber round, pull trigger, gun fires.
Round is extracted, ejected and new round is chambered.
Trigger is dead, meaning you can not pull it because the hammer is already down.
Cycle with charging handle.
Live round is extracted, ejected and new round is chambered.
Pull trigger, gun fires.
Round is extracted, ejected and new round is chambered.
Trigger is dead, meaning you can not pull it because the hammer is already down.

and so on. Each live round I have to manually extract has a dimple from the firing pin as the bolt is following it down.

Upon firing the last round in the magazine the bolt does lock open

Tried with 147gr subs, 147 gr Speer Gold Dots and 115gr Speer Lawman. All the same result

Ready, set, go..........................
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Not quite getting the hammer back far enough to catch the disconnector - so:

Buffer too heavy, or spring too strong, or ammo too weak.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 3:16:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I know your hitting all the key points to get a good understanding of what's going on. Thank you for taking the time!
This was a pretty straight forward build with everything done correctly.
The disco spring is correct. The buffer and springs used are directly from MVB. trigger is in spec and performs as it should, etc...

look at these for more info and thanks again

https://youtu.be/1rGyIq2UPwA

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="1rGyIq2UPwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rGyIq2UPwA&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I cant embed. the links above will take you to a video though. It's all the same video
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 11:59:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you very much for helping me with this! It is greatly appreciated.
The unramped bolt I have is several years old but has served me well. I "thought" I read that the M16 hammer sans rat tail was the end all be all when it came to hammers with a 9mm bolt regardless of ramping. I guess that is not true.

Before we move forward can you please tell me what hammers will work with Ramped and unramped bolts seeing as I have both and several lowers.

I have the older adco unramped and a PSA Hybrid that is ramped. In addition I have Hyperfire, JP, 9mm, AR15, and M16 style hammers.

PSA Hybrid:

Hyperfire Hammer:

JP Hammer:

9mm Hammer:

AR15 Hammer:

and the M16 hammer pictured above.

I am not at home but took a still from the video to show that the hammer and disconnector do in fact have very little space between them when passing. if you look closely at the video i you can see but there is but a hair between the two when passing.

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 12:13:30 AM EDT
[#9]
A basic function check then - with the rifle empty and pointed in a safe direction, press the trigger and quickly cycle the charging handle - does the hammer follow the bolt back into battery or does it catch on the disconnector?  Same thing again, but very SLOWLY cycle the charging handle - does the hammer follow the bolt back into battery or does it catch on the disconnector?
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#11]
thank you both! gun is up and running! had rotator cuff surgery Tuesday morning. right arm is immobilized. will type longer response when I can!!!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top