Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/21/2016 8:03:13 AM EDT
I built a .308 using Aero Precision parts. here's my question, when the last round is fired the bolt locks back as it should on the empty p-mag. This is the odd part, when I press the magazine release the bolts slams closed as the magazine is ejected from the lower. So, I remove the upper and look into the lower and slip in an empty mag and then then press the mag release I see the bolt release engaging at the same time.

Just to note when I place a loaded mag into the lower and pull the charging handle back it chambers a round just fine and it's ready to go. No, the bolt release isn't ambidextrous. The lower components are DPMS for a .308, I had that laying around and just put it in till I had some $$$ for something different I had in mind. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll spend some time with this week and look at your ideas, The spring is the right length, checked that already. I have a Magpul PRS stock with a rifle buffer tube. Good point about the screw in the tube, I did not check that and assumed it was not protruding inside. Thanks for the help thus far.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all of your input, it looks like the butt stock screw was a little long. I noticed a small mark on the buffer which indicated the screw was making contact. Looked down into the buffer tube and noticed the screw was protruding into the tube. I removed the screw cut off about 7/16" off and reassembled. All is good, it also corrected the other issue with the mag release button causing the bolt to close when ejecting the mag.

Function drill suggest that all is as it should be. Can't believe I overlooked that screw, no mater what...thanks for all of your help. It's always great to find help and give help out here on the board!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top