Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 7:23:12 PM EDT
Noticed some peening on a bbl extension lug on my BCM upper. It has around 900 rounds through it. Would this concern you guys?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm not an expert but i would polish up that edge, check the lugs on the bolt and if it all looks good call it a day. looking at the extension/chamber area, do you ever clean that thing? LOL it looks like it came from a mud hole.

Bruce  
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:45:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe it's the angle or something, but I don't see peening. Is the edge of the lug curled over? If not, it's just wear and I wouldn't worry. Check the bolt lug that sits under the extractor for deformities, which you should already be doing when cleaning, and enjoy it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't seem too bad, I'd check the bolt lugs to see if there is any wear or burrs. You could clean it up with a jewelers file but personally I wouldn't worry about it, just keep an eye on it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Wondering if anyone else has any experience with this?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Ask BCM.  Or post it over in their industry  forum
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top