Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2016 9:53:13 AM EDT
Hey guys and gals, I have been running a Teal Blue Bravo PDQ bolt release and to begin with, I absolutely loved it. I began having some issues with it in the last year or so...
The following symptoms are after over a year of no problems and regular use. What I have found is while during a mag change (bolt open), or letting the rifle hang empty with the bolt open, the ejection port door will push on the bolt release (right side of the rifle) just enough to drop the bolt on its own. I should add that this takes place more during drills and times of lots of movement, the problem is not as profound when you are just standing on the line firing. I have been carefully monitoring it, making sure it is not just user error (brushing up against it, accidentally hitting it etc). Has anyone else encountered this issue, and have any of you found a solution to it? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 with what Sully said.
I also took the second twist out of my port door spring.
I haven't had a single problem with mine.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Bolt lock back is fine on empty mags, my issue is when I am inserting the next mag in, a light amount of jarring (or any extra movement with the rifle), the bolt will drive home before the mag is seated. What confuses me is that the plunger and spring would actually act against the bolt catch in this instance. I will try pulling one turn out of my ejection port door spring too. Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#5]
There have too many reports of issues with these. At one point I was ready to start cutting receivers to fit them, now I'm glad I didn't.

IIRC, there have reports of them galling after time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There have too many reports of issues with these. At one point I was ready to start cutting receivers to fit them, now I'm glad I didn't.

IIRC, there have reports of them galling after time.
View Quote

Yep...I regret cutting one of mine for this thing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine was gifted to me. Kind of obligated. Installed it in a lower receiver that cost less then the PDQ and gave it a shot. What the hell right? Reduced the port door spring tension right from the install as it seemed like it might cause an issue. So far have not had any. I only own the one. Might have to pull it out now and check for galling... then again, it's in a toy/plinker not a work gun so not too worried.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:16:48 AM EDT
[#8]
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   After some inspection of my PDQ, I had noticed a good amount of wear/galling on the top edge of the sear on the PDQ (the edge that holds the bolt). So much so that I am led to believe, was the sole source of my problem with the bolt not reliably holding back. I contacted Teal Blue Bravo via email asking if they guaranteed their product, as I did not see any indication of it on the packaging. I had explained what had taken place, and asked what I could do to get the ball rolling. Within an hour I received a reply asking for my address, saying he would send me a replacement FREE OF CHARGE,  and within 3 days received my new TBB PDQ ambi bolt catch. Problem solved. I am thrilled with the customer service with this company, and would recommend them to anyone who is looking for an ambi bolt catch/release option. Thank you all for your input on this.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Great customer service.

BUT, there is no way in hell I'd use one until they improve their heat treating.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   After some inspection of my PDQ, I had noticed a good amount of wear/galling on the top edge of the sear on the PDQ (the edge that holds the bolt). So much so that I am led to believe, was the sole source of my problem with the bolt not reliably holding back. I contacted Teal Blue Bravo via email asking if they guaranteed their product, as I did not see any indication of it on the packaging. I had explained what had taken place, and asked what I could do to get the ball rolling. Within an hour I received a reply asking for my address, saying he would send me a replacement FREE OF CHARGE,  and within 3 days received my new TBB PDQ ambi bolt catch. Problem solved. I am thrilled with the customer service with this company, and would recommend them to anyone who is looking for an ambi bolt catch/release option. Thank you all for your input on this.

Great customer service.

BUT, there is no way in hell I'd use one until they improve their heat treating.

I agree improvements should be made, That's just good R&D. I'm not sure if improvements have been made or will be made though. I will know after a few thousand rounds.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top