Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/9/2016 2:01:32 AM EDT
I have a New Frontier Armory AR and it does not appear that the bolt goes all the way into battery when I pull/release charging handle. Also...pmags will NOT stay in mag well. Keeps dropping out. When I load a metal mag...no problems. Please look at pics below

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 4:15:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a rifle that would fail to go into battery like that.  It was simply too dry and I fixed it by wetting the bolt down, making sure to get some lube on the gas rings and working the bolt in and out a couple of times.  

Are you locking the bolt back prior to inserting the magazines?  They may just need the tiniest bit more clearance to properly lock into place.  You may simply have a tolerance stack between the magazine and the magazine catch.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#2]
OP
Remove the BCG and use a chamber brush and something like CLP to clean the chamber.  
Make sure the inside of the receiver is clean.
Make sure the BCG is clean, and has plenty of lube.

If that doesn't fix it, remove the bolt from the BCG and make sure the BCG slides fully into the receiver and does not bind on the gas tube.

Report back.
good Luck.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#3]

My question is, are the pictures of your rifle with a live round or no round?

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm having the very same issue with a radical upper. gonna work on it a bit later.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#5]
This is why I sometimes hesitate to respond to requests for help from anyone who hasn't been on the board for a couple of years with some posting history.  People take the time to try to help and the OP doesn't bother to complete the loop.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
OK guys, a bit more info. My uppers are brand new. I don't think its anything wrong withe the uppers in my case I think its a Mag issue (HEX MAG'S) because both are doing the exact same thing. sometimes they fail to pick up a round and other times the bolt fails to fully go into battery. Every thing seems to function fine when the MAG isn't in the rifles.I've tried different mags, (all hex mag's though) with the same results. also when the bolt is closed it's near impossible to get the mags seated properly. with the bolt locked back they seat just fine.  I'm going to the range a bit later and investigate it further.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Went to the range yesterday and as I suspected the MAGS were the issue. (sorta) The Rifles functioned well during normal operation. only once did one fail to pick up a round. after a bit of break in most everything seemed good to go. with the exception of inserting a mag with the bolt closed that's still a bugger. but can be done with a good slap on the bottom of the mag.  Hopefully this info might be a help to the OP or another.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top