Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/5/2016 11:40:53 PM EDT
So my buddy bought a DPMS AR10 and from the first mag it had issues ejecting the fired brass. He calls me after hunting one night and wants to come by because he's got a stuck round. I get the round loose and see that the bolt has puked the ejector and spring at some point because the roll pin back out.

So I got him a replacement kit and put them in this morning at work. I had four guys in my office, phone calls and was very distracted and didn't pay attention to how tight the new ejector was and forced it into the bolt. We took it out to the truck to cycle a few round through it and it didn't work. I pulled the bolt again and this is what I find, an ejector stuck even with the bolt face. No way to grab it and pull it out. How the heck do I fix this?

I feel like such an idiot.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:02:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Removing the original ejector wasn't the problem it was ejected on its own. The problem is the replacement ejector was oversized and the spring won't push it back out since its been pressed all the way in.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does no one dry fit parts anymore??????

If you ran the over size ejector in, then it will need to be air compressed blow out them.   Flood the channel with CLP, put the bolt into a large plastic bag to catch both the spring and ejector pin as it comes shooting out, and so you don't end up with a face full of CLP when you put about 100lbs of compressed air through the channel via the weep hole with an air compressor gun (rubber tip so you get a good seal) to drive the pin out.

An this time, dry fit the extractor pin into the channel to make sure it's fitting gliding smoothly (read don't jam it into if it will not drop into the channel), and if not, then drill bit to clean the channel of burs, and ejector spun up on a drill chuck with some 400 wet/dry sandpaper to clean up any burs on it as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Removing the original ejector wasn't the problem it was ejected on its own. The problem is the replacement ejector was oversized and the spring won't push it back out since its been pressed all the way in.

Does no one dry fit parts anymore??????

If you ran the over size ejector in, then it will need to be air compressed blow out them.   Flood the channel with CLP, put the bolt into a large plastic bag to catch both the spring and ejector pin as it comes shooting out, and so you don't end up with a face full of CLP when you put about 100lbs of compressed air through the channel via the weep hole with an air compressor gun (rubber tip so you get a good seal) to drive the pin out.

An this time, dry fit the extractor pin into the channel to make sure it's fitting gliding smoothly (read don't jam it into if it will not drop into the channel), and if not, then drill bit to clean the channel of burs, and ejector spun up on a drill chuck with some 400 wet/dry sandpaper to clean up any burs on it as well.

Thanks I'll try that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:30:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top