Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/1/2016 1:19:13 PM EDT
I am in need of advice on a GB leaking around the barrel, The barrel and GB is brand new and has never be shot. I did the function test by applying lubricant around GB to barrel and Gas tube with air from my air compressor. The test shown air bubbles around both barrel and the GB tube.
My question is now does one go about fixing it, the barrel is dimpled and the GB has set screws.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot it.  It's a self correcting problem.  Unless the leaks are massive, carbon will fill them in within a few shots.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot it.  It's a self correcting problem.  Unless the leaks are massive, carbon will fill them in within a few shots.
View Quote

This ^
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI....

while AR15's are more "precision" than AK's, the machining is not all that precise, "Milspec" really only means interchangeability between manufacturers.

All that time spent doing a scientific pressure test could have been range time
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top