Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2015 8:48:14 PM EDT
All new following parts: 11.5 Bushmaster barrel with perm attached 5.5 flash hider, BCM bolt/carrier, Bushmaster upper and lower.  Used Colt carbine stock with H buffer and recoil spring within 1/4 inch of spec.  Nearly every round fired will pull spent brass completely out of the chamber and ram that spent brass back into the chamber area without ejecting the brass.  I tried two different types of ammo...same thing.  Convinced it was a gas problem I started with a one round in mag test and it will lock the bolt back but the spent brass won't eject and the brass will be left lying on top of the follower.  I changed the bolt/carrier and it ran perfect.   Ok then I decided to put the optional O ring on the BCM bolt/carrier extractor spring and it ran fine.  WTF?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I would say over gassed and not enough dwell time . either the other  bcg is a full mass carrier and your current bcg  is not or the other already has a upgraded extractor setup ... you could get a full mass carrier if you don't have one in it right now or run the oring or run a heavier buffer and/or buffer spring or get an adjustable gas block
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Went back to the range.  Bolt carrier has exact same problem in another rifle.  I videoed the rifle in slow motion.  The bolt is actually pulling the brass just out of the chamber before dropping it.  The bolt carrier continues back where it locks and the momentum of the brass which has started allows the brass to continue back for a moment, rattle around and come to rest on top of the follower.  I contacted BCM who has VERY good customer service and I returned it today.  We'll see what they say
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:41:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went back to the range.  Bolt carrier has exact same problem in another rifle.  I videoed the rifle in slow motion.  The bolt is actually pulling the brass just out of the chamber before dropping it.  The bolt carrier continues back where it locks and the momentum of the brass which has started allows the brass to continue back for a moment, rattle around and come to rest on top of the follower.  I contacted BCM who has VERY good customer service and I returned it today.  We'll see what they say
View Quote

Would you be able to post that video?  Interested in seeing it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, give me a while to figure out how.  I'll try tonight
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, give me a while to figure out how.  I'll try tonight
View Quote

Post it on Youtube, then post the link here!  
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]
In for the video
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top