Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2015 1:17:18 PM EDT
Rifle is a DPMS GII MOE with a Slash heavy buffer and spring combination. I changed out the Slash recoil spring for a Sprinco .308 Orange spring just for kicks. Now the ejection pattern went from about 3-3:30 to 5-5:30 ish.

The rifle has about 1600 rounds of mixed surplus ball and Wolf steel case through it with nary a hitch.

Just curios about your opinion why the spring change effected the ejection pattern and should I go back to the Slash spring, although I'm sure the shooters next to me like the fact that the spent casings are no longer hitting them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure you're aware that the GII deflector is different in shape and somewhat shorter in height than "normal"
But yes, the empty's ejecting at 3:30 were coming off the deflector before the spring change, now it seems that they are almost completely flipping around the deflector and tagging the receiver. I say seems because they are leaving no marks on the receiver itself, or dented case mouths. I'm going to shoot some more surplus ball through it this weekend and see if there are any brass markings left behind (I was shooting steel case in this instance)

and ask for a volunteer to shoot while I watch.

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Put about 200 rounds of 1969 dated Czech T65 through it today. Ejection pattern went back to 3:30 after hitting the deflector. Weird since the POI was the same as the Wolf steel case @ 50 yards.

Also, 3 my D&H mags had failures to feed from the last 3 or 4 cartridges. They worked flawlessly with the steel cased Wolf.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:42:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Not Chilean, 1969 dated Czech T65. Nice and clean.

Images borrowed from Gunbroker.

ETA: I shot most if not all of a 880 round case through the GII. Pmags didnt miss a beat.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top