Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2015 3:17:49 AM EDT
I purchased a Griffin armament SNACH Charging Handle http://www.griffinarmament.com/SNACH-charging-Handle-p/snach.htm for my last DI 300 blackout build last week to keep the gas out of my face and I shot it today. It worked great with my SWR 7.62 suppressor (I had no gas in my face at all!)  I thought I would see how the SBR worked unsuppressed so I ran a few subs and supers through it without the can attached. Firing un-suppressed the SNACH charging handle would pop out and hit me in the face every 3 rounds or so. I tried my BMC mod4 ambi charging handle and this did not happen. Does anyone have any idea why the SNACH charging handle is popping out when you fire un-suppressed? Could I need a heavier buffer? I am running a carbine weight buffer with a MVB Arc stock right now.  Thanks for the help. Here is a photo of the SBR build for visuals.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:19:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Not to get off topic, but what type of buis are those? Nice build by the way.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the hook on the charging handle sufficiently engaging the notch in the receiver?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#4]
The catch on the charging handle is only there to keep it from falling back to the extended position. It cannot resist any force being applied from within the rifle, and there should be none. You will have to analyze the workings of the upper receiver to find out what is pushing it back and fix it. Otherwise, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't take a chance on getting smacked on the nose by a charging handle, so I would not be firing it until I understood the problem.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Magpul MBUS Pro
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:13:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Not to stray off topic, but I've never heard of that CH. I checked the link and .... SWEET! I like the short lever version! That's exactly what I've been looking for (like a mini Raptor)! Thank you, OP, for the link!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Guys thanks for all the help. I looked and everything on my uppers latch looked good so I can see no reason why the handle was popping out that is related to the upper itself. I emailed Griffin armament the other day and they told me that it has now become a "known problem" that relates to the spring in the CH. They are doing a spring fix and will send me out a new spring and they think it will fix the problem. I compared the springs in my BMC mod 44 ambi  and Rainier arms ambi CH's and the Griffin handle spring for the latch was very weak compared to the two others. The SNACH is pretty sweet and I hope this fixes it once I get the spring and test fire it again I'll report back
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Magpul MBUS Pro
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Magpul MBUS Pro

This and thanks. Its my inside the house defense rifle nothing is better than a SBR for home defense imo
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guys thanks for all the help. I looked and everything on my uppers latch looked good so I can see no reason why the handle was popping out that is related to the upper itself. I emailed Griffin armament the other day and they told me that it has now become a "known problem" that relates to the spring in the CH. They are doing a spring fix and will send me out a new spring and they think it will fix the problem. I compared the springs in my BMC mod 44 ambi  and Rainier arms ambi CH's and the Griffin handle spring for the latch was very weak compared to the two others. The SNACH is pretty sweet and I hope this fixes it once I get the spring and test fire it again I'll report back
View Quote

I'm having the same issues. I just emailed Griffin. Did you receive a new spring yet?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm having the same issues. I just emailed Griffin. Did you receive a new spring yet?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I received the new spring in the mail on Monday and installed it yesterday. Its about a quarter inch longer than the original spring and a bit of a pain to install. The CH latch is not weak feeling anymore and I hope to test it sometime this weekend or next week. I'll report back once I've test fired it unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#11]
The new spring fixed the problem. These CHs are now gtg imo and damn sexy too
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top