Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2015 10:28:37 AM EDT
Hey Guys,

Bought a M&P complete lower for my wife put a ADAMS ARMS upper on it, the trigger wouldn't reset but would load another round (if I push forward on the trigger it would then reset) . So after research on the web that it seem most likely it was the trigger spring I decide to replace the trigger with a Timney trigger and still have the same issue won't reset the trigger.

What else could it be ? Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

BTH
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you replace the factory grip? It sounds like you have something under your trigger preventing it from functioning 100% make sure there is no protrusion of the grip screw into the trigger cavity.or anything else in there for that matter. What timney did you buy?.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#2]
HI Krashdog,

I bought the 4 lb solld timney trigger. I check nothing from the grip. Any other ideas ?

Thanks,

BTH
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#3]
If you've tried two different triggers with the same result you're getting interference somewhere. Try removing your selector lever and firing 2 rounds . It sounds like the rear of your trigger is being kept down, not allowing the disconnector to operate fully. You mentioned you can press the trigger forward and it will reset. something is not right. Are you positive the grip screw or any other material is not holding the rear of that trigger up? You won't be able to see it unless you remove the trigger , and the saftey.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Was this lower new, or a take off from a different rifle?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#5]
pics
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, we're gonn'a need pictures of the innards of this lower...
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Guys,

Krashdog I disassemble everything and put it back together and it is working. I didn't see anything so I am thinking you were right something must of been in there (though I didn't see anything). Anyhow I greatly appreciate everyone help. Have a Great 4th.

BTH
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top