Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/29/2015 7:37:01 PM EDT
I purchased 2 - 300 blackout 16" barrels. I installed them both into uppers and nether one will fully chamber a fully processed case from east coast armory. I have no problem with them in my Givati barrel. I sent an email to where I purchased them and am waiting to hear back. Any thought on solutions???
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Need to check them with a name-brand new cartridge, or a gauge.  If the chember was cut to the tighter side of things you can be running into a common problem with a lot of self-loading rifles, the need for small-based sizing dies.  This is very common with the 5.56, and as your reloads are almost certainly former 5.56 cases you can be having the same problem.  If you can find reloads that were initially sized with a small-based die try those to see if it works.  If the new case works and the reloads do not, that's almost certainly your issue.  I do hope that before asking this though you thoroughly cleaned the chamber as machining crud can prevent proper seating of the cartridge in the chamber, but otherwise I'm betting you have an issue with the reload sizing.

Finally, buy from reputable places.  No-name parts from a no-name vender is just asking for trouble.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Try some different ammunition and check headspace...........
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:52:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top