Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2015 6:42:41 PM EDT

Function not effected, but I think it would cut the life for reloading.

What could cause this wearing on the case? Rough chamber from a reamer being overused?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
New build? if that chamber is not FILITHY then it's the worst example of a ruff chamber I've ever seen! Clean the chamber well with a chamber brush, shine a light in the chamber, you will likely see similar markings.. if you do I'd send that barrel back. Also, its hard to tell from the angle but the fired case that's under the example and unfired round, the primer looks raised a bit and flattened, signs of excessive chamber pressure.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#4]
So is this something that will eventually 'smooth out'?
Are there any other concerns if it functions fine?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So is this something that will eventually 'smooth out'?
Are there any other concerns if it functions fine?
View Quote

If it is a rough chamber and not just FILITHY, then not really.. it will smooth out some after a BUNCH of rounds but not enough to make a difference. Even if you aren't sticking cases now you probably will if the chamber is rough, as the chamber fouls, the chances increase for either slow extraction causing malfunctions or a stuck case.

Just to make me feel better, run you're finger over the base of those two fired cases... are the primers flush with or still slightly recessed in the primer pocket? Do the edges of the primer look flattened or are they still slightly rounded? any extractor marks on the rim?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 4:26:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top