Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2015 6:10:19 PM EDT
Hey guys anyone have the 7.62x39  ta bolt cause 2 little dents on the case where the extractor is?

When the chamber is empty the bolt moves easily and smooth, the first round I loaded didn't seat fully which happend 3 out of the 5 shots I took before the bolt got stuck semi closed. When I finally got it apart I saw the round was stuck on the bolt, and when I took the round off the bolt I noticed the 2 indents where the extractor contacts the case.

What is the cause and possible fix?

the bolt also doesn't lock back but I think i figured that out. Gas block was a little crooked and I had the M16 bcg and a st-t2 buffer, I swapped out for a standard one. Just need to test fire now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:10:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I had this issue, both with the TA bolt as well as every 7.62x39 bolt I bought.  

I was on the verge of giving up but then I bought the LMT bolt and now it works properly.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:19:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok thanks ill be looking into an LMT bolt then
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top