Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/3/2015 11:44:36 AM EDT
So I have an AR Pistol with non matching receiver's..meaning spikes lower, SAA(SSA?) upper. The receiver's do not fit as snug as they should, there is a small amount of play between them. Is there any way I can "shim" them to where they are snug and I cannot move the upper side to side without scaring up my gun or making it look G rigged.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#1]
A little movement is normal and expected.  If you want to tighten it up, get an accuwedge.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#2]
They're universal so you will have to trim to fit..
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I see, thanks for your guys quick response. Im going to start searching for one know.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#4]
o rings, ear plug, accu wedge, coat of paint, they all work. But this isn't going to affect accuracy, I would just leave it alone. YMMV?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]
dont worry about it play is normal
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Stop solving problems that don't exist.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:01:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:37:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

THIS. The obsession with tight upper/lower has to stop. They aren't designed to be that way.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:45:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

THIS. The obsession with tight upper/lower has to stop. They aren't designed to be that way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about stopping the obsession with loose receivers?  I've yet to see one individual from the THIS crowd post a viable remedy...not one. Furthermore there are plenty of military rifles not designed to "be that way" but that did not stop tightening up a match M1A, Garand,1903 Springfield, the 1911 or has it stopped tightening up the AR15. At Camp Perry they run screws through the receivers and it's supported in the rule book. AR15 slop comes primarily from one manufacturer seeing to it that his receiver fits a competitor's receiver. Most shooters simply prefer a rifle that feel's tight and an AR15 is no exception.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How about stopping the obsession with loose receivers?  I've yet to see one individual from the THIS crowd post a viable remedy...not one. Furthermore there are plenty of military rifles not designed to "be that way" but that did not stop tightening up a match M1A, Garand,1903 Springfield, the 1911 or has it stopped tightening up the AR15. At Camp Perry they run screws through the receivers and it's supported in the rule book. AR15 slop comes primarily from one manufacturer seeing to it that his receiver fits a competitor's receiver. Most shooters simply prefer a rifle that feel's tight and an AR15 is no exception.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a solution: go to a place in person.  Pick up an upper and test fit it against every lower receiver on site until one is snug.  Then buy it.

It has no affect on accuracy, and if that's a pet peeve that's the viable solution.  I like a gun that's a little loose, usually they function better.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
An Accu-Wedge does not prevent side to side twist...Use an AR15Accu-Shim to end annoying receiver slop. AR15AccuShim Surfacing/fitting for a first timer may take 30 minutes.
View Quote

Says the guy who:

1.  Has 193 posts....
2.  the majority of all posts on this site are all about how important it is to remove play between the upper and lower.
3.  Is shilling for his own company who is selling shims  (see link posted above)
4.  Willing to shill for his own company on this site, but cant even spring for a simple membership, much less a dealer's membership.

As posted on the website you shilled:

Wheel Diamonds

If you look up the owner of that company - it is owned by some guy named "John".   Coincidence?  I think not.

John, I am all for the little guy manufacturer.... but since you take a dump in just about every thread that discusses this, and then shill your own company.... caveat emptor.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice bust.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top