Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2015 10:23:08 AM EDT
I have a new Midwest Industries Billet upper with a new FA BCG and a new YHM 300 Blk barrel.  All parts were cleaned and well lubed with CLP.  Manual cycling without magazine attached, everything works fine.  Placing 1 round of 147g ammo in magazine and charging, BCG fails to move completely into battery Pulling the charging handle back, doesn't extract the round the first time but it does the second time it is pulled back.  Ammo case has a little nick in the rim and a scuff on the bullet.  Swapped a SA BCG out of another AR with the FA BCG in the 300 Blk and everything works as designed with this one.  Put the FA BCG in a 5.56 barreled DPMS upper and it does exactly the same thing.     Any ideas on what might be wrong with the FA BCG?  I've taken it apart, cleaned an lubed the heck out of it and manually moved the bolt in and out until it operated smoothly.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe it's the bolt itself.  Lugs out of spec, burred, etc..  The only real difference between FA and SA BCG is the carrier, so I would inspect the bolt itself closely.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#2]
it sounds like the case rim may not be getting past the extractor on the feedstroke. the extractor has to open up a bit so that it can slip over the cartridge rim and get properly positioned to allow the bolt carrier to seat properly and allow for extraction.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm swapping out the bolt to see if that is the issue...I have a spare, then I'll check the extractor and let you know. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:13:51 PM EDT
[#5]
So I swapped the bolt. Fixed the issue.  Upon close inspection of the suspect part the extractor appears to be the issue. Ejector spring was binding really bad
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top