Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2015 3:19:09 PM EDT
2 questions
#1 I have a New,  New frontier Lower with an upper I have yet to determine. All new it may have been what comes with New frontier if you buy the whole thing. It is .223 5.56 and I have a buffer of 2.67 and 3.02 oz I have cleaned everything except taking the barrel off and cleaning and scraping carbine where the bolts seats. I am having problems with the casing getting stuck in different ways in the chamber and usually happens between 3 to 5 rounds some ammo is better than others 223 go longer before jamming. I have tried American eagle 556 tula 223 perfecta 223 wolf  556 223 zq1 556 all different results each time nothing ever the same. When the case ejects most of the time it ejects more 1:30 TO 2:30 SOMETIMES 3:30 TO 4:30

#2 Problem  I know you get what you pay for on ammo but I am getting way to many misfires and its all the brands above as many as 7 in a row. I check the ammo and see that some of the caps are seated deeper in on the casing but I am having issues with all of them. I see a slight indent on the cap on the misfires and deep indents other times. I have tried to refire some of the shells to see if its ammo or gun and some fires on second round some does not. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you I will try this and get back out to the range and see how it goes I will let you know after I do.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Again thanks for the tips tried everything and still nothing so I found a gunsmith and after talking to him a bit he said bring it by I'll look at it so I did and he didnt charge me he tore it all apart and found a slight bit of carbon he said nothing major and that  the gun is sound and mechanically has no reason it should not be firing correctly and suggested 2 different things that might be it either the buffer or it may just need a new bolt but both I have are in good condition. So I decided to trade it to him and go witha brand new smith and wesson.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top