Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2014 2:10:11 AM EDT
So after installing my new CMC 3.5 lb trigger on my Palmetto State lower, I did a safety check and noticed that when the rifle is charged the safety selector operates as it is supposed to operate. The  safety lever goes down and up to fire position as it is supposed to do. But when my rifle is not charged (idle) I can move the selector from "fire" position 30 degrees down to the left approx and it gets stuck there. I can move it back to "fire" manually or by pressing the trigger. I have not fired my weapon yet but when both the upper and lower are separated,  I can see that the disconnector of my CMC trigger activates when I press the trigger to get the selector from 30 degrees off back to fire position (See picture) . As far as safety is concerned it does not activate the hammer in anyway as the rifle is not charged and it is not possible to move the selector to "safe" since it stops 30 degrees down but it is really annoying. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Safety does not work until the rifle is in battery.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Trigger has to be cocked for the safety to go to "SAFE".
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]
The 30 degree movement you expressed is pretty much normal too, though mine don't move quite that much.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]

mine does the same thing.  I'm not worried about it

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:39:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone I contacted CMC about this and they told me it was normal.Thanks for the replies!!.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top