Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/15/2014 9:57:46 PM EDT
* Trying to find out why images aren't showing up.  Please PM me if you know.  :)

I had put together my AR15 a few months ago, and I'm surprised that such a simple problem would exist between manufactures.  I've put together:

Aero lower receiver
RRA 2 stage trigger with lower parts kit

And the gun shoots great, love the 2 stage trigger.  Though I've came across this strange problem where the bolt doesn't catch after the last round.

Upon closer inspection, turns out the bolt catch does not get raised even when I insert an empty mag:

The slop between the mag well, the magazine, and the faceplate is about 0.03", just enough for the faceplate to miss the bolt catch.

From reading an archive post, I noticed that I can order a 9mm bolt catch from RRA which has a longer finger.  But I hate waiting for shipping, and I was bored enough, I wanted to fix it right away. :)

All I did was I added more contact surface to the front of the magazine faceplate.

And now the magazine will raise the bolt catch after the last round every time!  Hope this will help whoever come across similar issues.

Full report here - http://lanzerbot.wordpress.com/2014/12/16/getting-the-magpul-pmag-to-work-with-regular-bolt-catch/
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes that's the post which mentioned the RRA 9mm bolt catch.  Should have posted the URL in the OP.  Thank you.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top