Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2014 1:14:41 PM EDT
Put 25 rounds of PMC brass with no problems then when I run a mag of steel case it would eject the spent casing but not pick up the next round in the mag.would the problem be more lube or just shitty tulammo?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Put 25 rounds of PMC brass with no problems then when I run a mag of steel case it would eject the spent casing but not pick up the next round in the mag.would the problem be more lube or just shitty tulammo?
View Quote

Tulammo, especially, tends to be underpowered compared to good commercial and military surplus loads.  It's possible some more lube and break-in will help your rifle run on the weaker loads, or it might require swapping buffers or opening up your gas port to get it to function on a wider range of ammunition.

Realize that if you open the gas port to run the weak stuff, you'll likely be over-gassed on the good stuff.

There are other steel options besides tulammo, too - I don't run my rifles with tulammo because most of them don't run well on it, but they eat up brown and silver bear without issues at about the same cost.

Or stick with brass that works and have no problems, but a bit less ammo to shoot per dollar spent.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure of the specs of your rifle but I will share mine cor a comparison. BCM SS410 upper with Noveske lower, Geissele NM high speed trigger. Anyway, the important info: mid length gas and standard carbine buffer and action spring. I only tested about 100 rounds because I'd rather not shoot steel through this one, I'm putting together a lower cost rifle for steel/cheap ammo use. However the BCM has cycled whatever ammo I've tried, bolt open after last round etc. Always keep it lubes well. If you have a heavier buffer and or not enough lube that could be the issue.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Frakenbuild,but other then steel cased it's been reliable will try different buffer weight and a good cleaning just wanted some information so I could help deduce the problem. Probably won't use steel cased any way I just had some so I thought i'd shoot it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I solved the issue the lo-pro gas block had become loose and moved forward just slightly and was causing it to short stroke,so I applied more thread locker and repositioned it and no more problems.I'll probablt be getting a SLR rifleworks adjustable clamp on gas block as the one I have is a cheapo one any way.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#6]
The only steel cased ammo I would buy would be in 7.62x39mm and only if I couldn't locate any brass cased ammo. In other words, in an emergency only. This stuff is the lowest quality ammo available and your problem is common.

Spend more to get better or consider reloading as the next progression in your hobby.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:40:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only steel cased ammo I would buy would be in 7.62x39mm and only if I couldn't locate any brass cased ammo. In other words, in an emergency only. This stuff is the lowest quality ammo available and your problem is common.

Spend more to get better or consider reloading as the next progression in your hobby.
View Quote

I agree but it was all that was available at the time of purchase and I wanted to use it up
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top