Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2014 9:28:08 PM EDT
i put a black rain dit trigger in my ar, the safety is very very hard to move. what do i do? thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

i put a black rain dit trigger in my ar, the safety is very very hard to move. what do i do? thanks
View Quote
how did the safety feel before you put the trigger in?  Because if you assembled it into a stripped lower, I would check your assembly before the trigger.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#2]
it is a colt ar, safety worked smooth. put dit trigger in and the safety is a bear to move.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#3]
check the interface between the trigger and the safety.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#4]
discon. does not touch the safety.  i put in a email to black rain, see what happens.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
discon. does not touch the safety.  i put in a email to black rain, see what happens.
View Quote

The trigger component is what interfaces with the safety, no? If you remove the trigger assembly, does the safety work normally? If so, then follow up with the manufacturer as you may be dealing with an out of spec part.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The trigger component is what interfaces with the safety, no? If you remove the trigger assembly, does the safety work normally? If so, then follow up with the manufacturer as you may be dealing with an out of spec part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct. Sorry for leading him incorrectly. I will edit my post so not to confuse anyone.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#7]
sent trigger back to black rain, said might be out of spec. also they said no problem we will take care of it. wow
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top