Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2014 10:56:21 PM EDT
I want to know if I can find a way to adapt a torque wrench to the following Free float handquard tool so I don't have to purchase another armorer's tool I already have but without the Free float jam nut adapter on mine.

http://www.amazon.com/FSI-Model-Armorers-Spanner-Handguard/dp/B004Z3H53S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414550965&sr=8-1&keywords=jam+nut+wrench
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:53:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I want to know if I can find a way to adapt a torque wrench to the following Free float handquard tool so I don't have to purchase another armorer's tool I already have but without the Free float jam nut adapter on mine.

http://www.amazon.com/FSI-Model-Armorers-Spanner-Handguard/dp/B004Z3H53S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414550965&sr=8-1&keywords=jam+nut+wrench
View Quote

Sure...just buy some expensive metal cutting tools.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:26:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:30:01 AM EDT
[#3]
for all the work just get the tool
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:01:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Cheap tools usually end up causing busted knuckles and banged up parts.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive used the YHM spanner wrench........for a couple of installs..........one on their tube and other on a Chicom tube..........I don't recall any torque specification for the nut.........with that being said the YHM tube uses two anti rotation screws........and the Chicom tube just one.........I used blue Loctite on the jam nut and have had neither of the two to come loose.........and have shot the crap out of both of them...............
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top