Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2014 7:11:46 PM EDT
Hello,

Lately I have been having a number of issues with my AR and am looking for some input. I bought it used and mostly use this just for fun.

1. Lately my primers have been coming out of the casing after the shot is fired and jamming the gun when it tries to feed next round.
2. Having a hard time getting my bolt carrier to advance forward all the way with each shot, lot of times stopping a good quarter inch short, also gets stuck pulling out of magazine sometimes.
3. Few times casing gets stuck on Bolt instead of ejecting after shot, causes all kinds of messes.

Any ideas on this? Wondering if it sounds more like bad ammo or gun problems.
Most my ammo comes from Freedommunitions.com. Had good luck with them for years now this happening. Also to mention, have probably put about 20K rounds through the gun with setup i have now.

Thanks for any help or advice or tips!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#1]
20K on the rifle, your action and ejector springs are probably worn out, which would account for the failure to return to battery, and the case-stuck-on-bolt-face problem.

If you're shooting reman stuff, that's likely the primer problem. Try some factory stuff, and if the problem stops, contact Freedom Munitions with the lot number and description of the problem.

HTH
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the answers guys, I will do some hard core cleaning this weekend and will go but a few boxes of new rounds as well.
Few things that were mentioned im not familiar with but think I can figure it between research and youtube...

If it is still broken I will get back on here!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Action spring isn't the only thing that might need changing. Just go ahead and replace everything in the bolt. Gas rings, extractor spring and insert, o-ring if you have one, and the extractor. Get a springco action spring. Supposedly they're the last one you will ever need. Unless you end up shooting 1 million rounds through that gun.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Action spring isn't the only thing that might need changing. Just go ahead and replace everything in the bolt. Gas rings, extractor spring and insert, o-ring if you have one, and the extractor. Get a springco action spring. Supposedly they're the last one you will ever need. Unless you end up shooting 1 million rounds through that gun.
View Quote

What is a springco action spring?  

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:01:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:03:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.sprinco.com/tactical.html
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top