Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2014 9:30:58 PM EDT
First off, I'm new here so I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I recently purchased an ATI 16" 5.56 kit. I built the lower as the upper was already built. I have the ADCO lower. I put it all together and finally took it out today to put some rounds down range. To my surprise, all I got was a click. No marks on the primer or anything. I tried googling this issue and couldn't find anything. So here I am. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Springs installed correctly?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]
first post nailed it
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Springs installed correctly?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Dano pretty well has it covered.  The fact you had no marks on your primer indicates your bolt carrier wasn't fully closed.        

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the help guys. I'll CLP, and try again. Hopefully it was just operator error.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you have a firing pin inside the bolt carrier group?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:26:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you have a firing pin inside the bolt carrier group?
View Quote
This reminds me, if you re-assemble the bolt incorrectly and the firing pin is not inserted fully when the retaining pin is put in, you will lock the firing pin too far back and it can't reach the primer.

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top