Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2014 2:13:51 PM EDT
I recently went from a standard colt ambi selector to a Knigh'ts ambi selector and have experienced the following.  

Never saw this in 20+ years until now.  It happened ~1 in 5 shots.

When the selector was installed I checked 5 times by cocking while holding the trigger and slowly releasing and the hammer never dropped.  SInce this occured I've repeated the same 20 times and the hammer never falls.  There is no noticable trigger wear.  FCG has been removed until a solution presents itself.

Same mk262 ammo, nothing else changed and this rifle hasn't had a single malfunction in any of the ~4k rounds

rifle loaded 20 round mag
safety off
squeeze the trigger round goes off brass is ejected
selector will not to go safe as hammer is not cocked but there is a round in the chamber

rifle loaded 20 round mag
safety off
squeeze the trigger 2 rounds goes off brass is ejected
selector will not to go safe as hammer is not cocked but there is a round in the chamber
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:04:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Change the selector back and try it again.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:27:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Understood.  I'm not totally closed to the shooter bumping idea but if that's the case, why do I end up with a round in the chamber and the hammer not cocked?

No over travel stop.

I bet it's not the trigger but I'm sure they will help me figure it out.

Thanks,

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Either shooter induced bumping, or if you have a trigger over travel stop installed, you have it set too tight and the disco is not getting a good enough hammer retention to hold the hammer correctly at bolt lock up, before trigger release for hammer reset.

Without having the rig in hand to check it, Best to give Geissele a call to go over the problem and the needed solution.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:  Understood.  I'm not totally closed to the shooter bumping idea but if that's the case, why do I end up with a round in the chamber and the hammer not cocked?

No over travel stop.

I plan on calling them and would bet it's not the trigger but I'm sure they will help me figure it out.

Thanks,

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:  Understood.  I'm not totally closed to the shooter bumping idea but if that's the case, why do I end up with a round in the chamber and the hammer not cocked?

No over travel stop.

I plan on calling them and would bet it's not the trigger but I'm sure they will help me figure it out.

Thanks,

Quoted:  Either shooter induced bumping, or if you have a trigger over travel stop installed, you have it set too tight and the disco is not getting a good enough hammer retention to hold the hammer correctly at bolt lock up, before trigger release for hammer reset.

Without having the rig in hand to check it, Best to give Geissele a call to go over the problem and the needed solution.

In the bumpfire threads, some have spoken of trying the Geissele FCS and found the FCS is actually too fast for bump fire, causing hammer follow, and experience the same symptoms you are having - round in the chamber, hammer forward.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top