Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2014 4:31:22 PM EDT
My nearly new BCM 14.5" midlength rifle fell over on the floor yesterday... Smacked right into the side of the 10" KMR handguard...  The top part of the gas block was nearly touching the handguard... I pushed it away from the barrel several times and it seems to be centered again.  It doesn't feel loose at all... Anyone know the KMR mounting system and how it works?  Should I check the tightness of the bolts that secure it?  It's a factory assembled upper.  

I contacted BCM and am waiting to hear back, just wanted to know what the forum had to say about it...
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Loosen handguard...center barrel in handguard...tighten...
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#2]
How far did the rifle fall? I'm surprised that the handguard moved by a simple fall. Maybe it wasn't tightened enough in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Rifle was leaned up against the safe door (butt on the floor) while I was getting something else out from behind it.  

I guess I'm just going to shoot it and not worry about it for now.  It's plenty tight and BCM said at most to have a gunsmith look at it.  Nah.. I could pull it off briefly and look things over and put it back on and forget it for now.  Impact wasn't that hard so I had a hard time believing that it had moved and that I moved it back and it looks *normal* again...  Eventually I'll probably forget about it.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top