Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 1:45:58 AM EDT
I recently purchased a few Brownells mags and been have issues left and right with feeding. The rounds tend to tilt inside of the mag causing failures to feed. I tried replacing the followers with magpul followers but the problem remains the same, the nose of the bullet gets pushed downward inside the mag.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact their customer service and send that one back......I have four of those mags and they work great...I even replaced one of the followers with a magpul follower and it works perfect........in my blackout and 556
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Magpul makes straight 20rd mag followers?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I got to looking at the magazine and how the floor plate on the Brownells magazine is attached.......on the straight 20 round magazine it attaches like a GI thirty........the floor plates on the GI twenties use a different set up..........I had an extra magpul follower laying around and replaced the Brownells follower in the straight 20 with it...........Works flawlessly..........
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#5]
i shit canned the black and replaced with green.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Magpul makes straight 20rd mag followers?
View Quote

Nope.  
Also, straight body 20 round USGI type mags require a follower that does tilt inside the mag body, to accommodate the slight taper of the .223/5.56 round.  
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top