Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2014 5:09:44 PM EDT
Anyone else having this issue? Any downward pressure on the magazine, even gravity, seems to hang up the release.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n23PsxhSXc4

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldnt even call that an issue. Not all empty mags will fall without "flicking" the rifle, I came to terms with this long ago.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:30:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm confused? Hang up the release? Like you hit the button and it won't drop free? Or they are falling out without hitting the button?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:38:43 AM EDT
[#3]
You may have the mag release button turned in a turn too far.  Back it off a turn at a time and see if it improves it.  Or, as said, sometimes some mags will not drop free.  If they dropped free before the change and don't know, most likely user installation error.  Back off the button and it will drop free again.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:12:33 AM EDT
[#4]
They won't drop when the button is pushed. It is more aggravated with a loaded magazine in which case you have to push upward on the mag to get it to release.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:15:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I popped the roll pin that holds the ambi release and turned the catch out a couple of turns. ( I though that might be the problem as well) After doing so the problem still existed exactly as it was before. I tried this mag, three different magpul mags and a standard 30 round metal mag with all the same results. I'm thinking it may be an issue with the engineering. The ambi release only allows the button to be pushed so far before it mechanically doesn't allow it to go any further. I'll post some close ups. Thanks for the ideas.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I popped the roll pin that holds the ambi release and turned the catch out a couple of turns. ( I though that might be the problem as well) After doing so the problem still existed exactly as it was before. I tried this mag, three different magpul mags and a standard 30 round metal mag with all the same results. I'm thinking it may be an issue with the engineering. The ambi release only allows the button to be pushed so far before it mechanically doesn't allow it to go any further. I'll post some close ups. Thanks for the ideas.
View Quote

If youre right handed just run a standard release
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://texasguntrader.com/db/tgt_pics3662013.jpg

its all one piece. I've come to the conclusion that it's got to go back to the manufacturer. Oh well.

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top