Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2014 2:26:45 PM EDT
A few weeks ago I put a BAD ASS safety selector in my lower.  When I switch safe/fire it lacks the spring loaded feel that pushes the lever from halfway between the safe and fire positions.  I have read other peoples review of the BAD ASS and they mentioned how that function was improved with the upgrade.  Also when I switch from safe to fire there is no audible "click" when it arrives in the fire position.  Going from fire to safe I do hear a click but its quite.  Is this by design?  To be more stealthy?  Or part of a problem.   I tried switching out the safety selector spring to see if that improved things... no luck.  I am running the Battle Arms Development Ambidextrous Safety Selector as mentioned, a PSA lower and Ergo grip.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:17:33 AM EDT
[#1]
It can be the grip.

The spring tension is dependent on how deep the hole is drilled in the grip.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It can be the grip.

View Quote

Thanks for your reply.  So a shallow hole = more tension?  Anyone modified their grip to address this issue?  I suppose one could put something in the grip hole which would put more tension on the selector.  Its a small hole... any ideas of what would be a good think to put down there?  Preferably something that could be removed it did not yield the desired results.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks for your reply.  So a shallow hole = more tension?  Anyone modified their grip to address this issue?  I suppose one could put something in the grip hole which would put more tension on the selector.  Its a small hole... any ideas of what would be a good think to put down there?  Preferably something that could be removed it did not yield the desired results.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It can be the grip.

The spring should move freely in the grip when compressed and released. I've had a couple grips that had molding flash in the hole, where it wasn't free to move. Couple minutes with a drill, and they were fixed. HTH
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Doing a Google Search I came across this post by Battle Arms Developmemt.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good info,  I've been looking to get one or two
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

thanks for finding that
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top