Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2014 8:45:12 PM EDT
I was trying to buy a VDI Manimal flash hider for the AR15 with 14.5" barrel and pinned flash hider that I'm building.  I ordered the Manimal through Badrock Tactical.  They came back saying that their distributor RSR Group refused to ship the item to TX and credited back the charge.  I'm unaware of any TX law that would ban this flash hider.  It is just like any other, but thinner so If I decided to change out my gas black I could do so without drilling out the pin and removing the pinned flash hider.  Badrock is based out of Cali.  Could RSR Group  shipping the Manimal on Badrock's behalf violate some sort of Cali law?

any ideas?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
More likely that RSR which is Texas based (or was when I did business with them) are protecting their retail vendors, OR they don't want to fool with the state on sales taxes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#2]
RSR is wholesale FFL dealers only. That is why they won't sell to you.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought I made it clear that I made the purchase through Badrock and that RSR  is their distributor.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know what the issue might be, I just bought one from roughneck firearms for a good price though. No affiliation, just happy customer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a package on it's way to me from RSR.  I'm not sure what it is because I didn't order anything from them, but apparently they will drop ship to customers.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Got my Manimal through a store in Missouri no problems.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top