Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2014 3:58:11 PM EDT
I just completed my first three gun match today and had an issue with my safety on my ar. After one or two double taps my trigger would you feel as though the safety was on.  I was confused as to why my gun would not fire as the safety selector was still pointing to the fire mode.  Cycling was not the problem as the gun successfully ejected and loaded a new round. After flipping the safety to safe then back to fire the gun would fire as normal. Has anyone had this problem before or have any idea what the problem might be?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Weak spring or is the stock nut loosening up and causing weak spring tension.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the information. I took everything apart today and checked for burs and lubed everything.  I have another match this weekend hopefully everything goes well.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top