Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2014 6:11:02 AM EDT
I just shot the first 30 rounds through my brand new build. The bolt now has a goldish color to it as well as a few scratch marks consistent to the barrel lugs and chamber. I was wondering if this is normal and if not what might be causing it? Here are a few pics....
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#1]
How the heck do you upload pics?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:27:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How the heck do you upload pics?
View Quote

You have to host them at photo bucket or similar, and post the links to them.  Direct uploading to the site is not permitted.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:59:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Normal.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#4]
The gold color is completely normal. Scratches not so much, whether thats a big issue or not depends on the severity.Your barrel extension could be slightly canted causing the scratches, id have to see pics to tell you for sure
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]
The color markings you are seeking is caused by brass shavings left behind from the cartridge expanding and contracting when the round is fired. This is a normal occurrence as others have mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Prolly normal.
Pics help.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top