Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2014 6:25:30 PM EDT
Bought the DD Iron sights for my new build. Was zeroing it today at the local range and noticed that I had to adjust the windage almost all the way to the right to get it on the paper @ about 50 yards. I still had some play to keep going but just looking at the sight on the rifle I can't help to notice it being WAY off center.

Is this normal?
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#1]
It is not ideal, but not uncommon either.  I believe the millitary says that 13 or 14 clicks windage left or right of center is "acceptable".  If your rear sight needs more than that it is possible the front sight base is slightly canted on the barrel.  It wouldn't take much of a cant to be off at the rear sight by a good amount.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:21:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually have a 15" midwest industries gen 2 SS rail. So the front DD sight is about 2" from the end of the barrel. It looks like it is on there straight and the handguard is on straight as well. Hmm.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I actually have a 15" midwest industries gen 2 SS rail. So the front DD sight is about 2" from the end of the barrel. It looks like it is on there straight and the handguard is on straight as well. Hmm.
View Quote

What you can't control for is variance introduced by the handguard-to-barrel nut fit. At the end of a 15" hand guard, even 0.001" variance can result in a large windage correction. C'est la vie.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Good point man. That stinks. I may just have to live with the crazy windage adjustment.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#5]
make sure there is no sticker or flashing from the casting process under either sight
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top