Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/11/2013 6:35:44 PM EDT
I assembled my rifle together WITHOUT THE FIRING PIN and now the BCG can NOT be removed from the rifle. The BCG can move inside the upper receiver but can not fully close because the bolt is slightly out of alignment from the locking lugs. I imagine the cam pin has rotated without the firing pin holding it straight.

I am beating myself over the head with a hammer for making such a newbie mistake. I have tried banging on the side of my rifle with a rubber mallet and have tried sticking a paper clip down the firing pin hole to get the cam pin back in alignment but no dice.

I am in a deep pile doo-doo. Can anyone help me get out of this??? Anybody solve this problem before?
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics?
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Try a pin that is approaching the thickness of the firing pin.

Somehow you gotta get that cam pin rotated again.

Did the paper clip go thru the hole in the cam pin or not?

Link Posted: 11/11/2013 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Never had it happen. My best guess is :

Pull the buffer tube and stock.

Get a coat hanger and straighten it out .

Lube the piss out of bolt and upper.

Work hanger in from rear of bolt while moving bolt forward and back.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 11/11/2013 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#4]
take the barrel  off
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Did the no-firing-pin trick once before.  I forget the specifics, but I think I managed to get the BCG stuck in battery, making it easy to remove the upper and start spinning the cam pin with a straightened wire coat hanger.  As your are stuck out-of-battery, I would do as the other poster suggested and remove the stock and buffer tube so you can try to work the cam pin with a coat hanger.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 10:41:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 5:39:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top