Author
Posted: 7/14/2012 2:05:32 PM

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
Had my ar 10 apart for a cleaning and forgot to put O ring back in. Now my bolt is stuck in the assembly.
Any ideas?
Thanks
The_Mocker
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2012 3:08:58 PM
i believe this is covered in the owners manual
Dano523
Courses avec des cisaillements.
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2012 3:17:56 PM
What O ring are you talking about,

The only O ring is around the extractor spring on the bolt, and should not make a difference it dry assembly (will have problems with extraction of live spent rounds through).

Low down is the bolt goes back together pretty much the same as any other AR rifle (with the O ring around the extractor spring), Bolt get loaded into the front of the carrier, cam gets loaded to retain the bolt, FP with spring gets loaded to retain the cam, then FP retainer gets installed to retain the FP.

Did you forget to install the FP retainer, and the FP dropped out the back of the BC, which allowed the cam rotated and why you can not get the bolt to unlock instead?
Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

'Twas not the <cough> sweet and innocent <cough> PlaymoreMinds...

<---skips away in frilly skirts to Candyland, leaving gutters and snorkels FAR behind.
Dano523
Courses avec des cisaillements.
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2012 3:20:12 PM
Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

'Twas not the <cough> sweet and innocent <cough> PlaymoreMinds...

<---skips away in frilly skirts to Candyland, leaving gutters and snorkels FAR behind.
sully
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2012 10:27:01 PM
If you are referring to an O-ring that goes around the extractor spring, then it only adds tension to the extractor, and doesn't have anything to do with how the bolt fits into the bolt carrier. If you are referring to something else, do you have a picture?

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123