Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/12/2012 8:23:43 AM EDT
I have a stag model 3, with a reduced height gas block. The gas block is held in place by two large hex screws, and it has a sling mount on it. I got a Vltor CAS-V rail system for it and it would not fit with the sling mount on it. So, I punched the roll punch out and the sling mount came right off. My question is, do I need to put the roll punch back in? or is it solely there to hold the sling mount in place and nothing else? Will it mess withy the stability of the gas block without it? I didn't think so because of the two big screws holding it in place but I am unsure as I am new to ARs.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top