Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2012 6:01:06 PM EDT
I bought a used Grendel upper and it has issues ejecting with the cases getting stuck or failing to eject. It was suggested I use a M16 bolt carrier for the added weight. I ran across Tubb Precision AR-15 Carrier Weight System. Has anyone used one of these? I have cleaned up a few burrs and smoothed the sharp edges on the extractor. Last time out to the range it shot fine for the first 8 rounds then most either did not eject or the case was stuck in the chamber with a new round fed and jamming in the fired case.
Thanks, Ken
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I gave the chamber and rifle a very good cleaning. There were some flakes of brass from the bottom side of the rim which stopped when I smoothed the extractor to remove the sharp edge. I have since ordered a Tubbs weight and will try the rifle again when I get the Tubbs in. I ordered from Brownells and they ship pretty fast. I posted about this on 65grendel and they were recommending a M16 carrier for added weight. The consensus is it's over gassed. The cases looked fine except for some dents on the necks but thats about it.
Ken
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top