Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2011 5:53:12 PM EDT
Where should rounds be hitting the deflector at? On my CMMG M4LE they are hitting the closest part to the ejection port and are bouncing out at 2 o'clock. I know people say don't worry if the rifle functions properly, which it does (600ish rounds and not a single FTF/FTE); but I just want to make sure it's functioning like it should.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:45:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
As long as the spent cases are not tagging the back of the ejection port on the way out (will have a dent in the case just above the rim), you are good to go.

1. What does it mean if they are hitting the deflector right beside the rear edge of the ejection port?

2. What does it mean if they are hitting the deflector at the rear edge of the deflector?

I have 2 AR's, one with each type ejection.

1. Is a 16", carbine gas, carbine buffer & spring.
2. Is a 18" barrel, rifle gas, carbine buffer & spring.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have thought about this a lot.  There are a lot of parts at play....at vuuwarpenblog (something like that) there are slow motion videos of ejection.  There is one where the weights from the buffer were removed.  This produced the forward eject that you talk about.  The bolt is moving a little faster (without the weights in the buffer) so the case is moving back faster as well and does not clear the port ( horizontally) as fast as when the bolt is slower moving (with the weights in the buffer).  Note that the case is off the bolt face before the bolt is in it's most rearward position during cycling.  The above causes the case to hit the back of the eject port.  In cases where the rifle is stock it's hard to say why this happens....maybe too much gas...perhaps a stronger spring or heavier buffer can help slow things down.

I have this issue with two 16 inch carbines using a2 stocks. The RRA springs were 12.5 inches long.  I am going to try some bravo company springs they are just over 13 inches long.  That may help.......I already have m16 bcg installed for added weight.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top