Site Notices
4/17/2014 3:33:50 PM
Author
Posted: 7/20/2011 10:06:45 AM

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
Has anyone got one of these yet....I seen it on you tube from armalite, they have finally made a 22 cal upper and rifle.....
I am thinking on getting one and was wondering if any Fellow "AramLiteians" have got one yet.....
I Sent TR a email for info...he put me in contact with some else who answered my question...I have to say they are a bit spendy....
but for an ArmaLite...well...it would be worth it.....
SASS
JOIN THE PRIDE

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!"
- Col. Jeff Cooper
ArmaLite
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/20/2011 11:10:03 AM
Here's the picture of the 22LRLB .22LR dedicated rifle.

ArmaLite 22LR Dedicated Rifle

Item number: 22LRLB

Caliber: 22LR

Barrel: 1:16" Twist, 16" Chrome Moly, A2 flash suppressor.

ArmaLite M-15 Forged Flat Top Upper and M-15 Forged Lower Receiver,
Working Forward Assist, 6" Handguard and Picatinny Gas Block,
6 Position Collapsible Buttstock, 2 Stage Tactical Trigger.

The M-15 lower is complete and ready to swap instantly with any of your .223 uppers.

Retail: $749.00

We'll be offering the mid-length gas system in the future as well.

Complete uppers will also be offered.

TR
AR stands for ArmaLite
SASS
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/20/2011 11:56:18 AM

Originally Posted By ArmaLite:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd318/Armalite1/M-1522LRCarbine.jpg

The M-15 lower is complete and ready to swap instantly with any of your .223 uppers.

TR

Thanks TR for the input....
I was wondering about the cost,
I figured from the response I got from Glenn...it had to be a fully functional M-15 Lower...
with the M-15/22 upper...where other companies are strictly for the .22 cal...such as Colt and M&P....we won't even talk about Ruger....LOL.
It is a Interesting Package....would give a guy a Really nice Plinker and the Option to up-grade to a Full M-15 Upper....
Unfortunately I really can't justify over 7 bills for a .22 Cal...even though I would love it.....Just because I would have to get another M-15 upper to go with it....LOL....
My wife is understanding...but I TRY NOT TO PUSH IT....I do think I might be interested in the upper though....
I take it, it comes with the mag and so forth......?
It will fit a Standard ArmaLite M-15 Lower...Correct...
One other note...Just curious...why didn't you call it the M-22...I would say because of the Lower...Correct.
Thanks again TR....I just hope someone may have gotten one and posts up....would like to hear what they think...
If I DO GET ONE...I will of course do a YT Review on it.....as I do with all my Acquisitions...and post it up....

SASS

JOIN THE PRIDE

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!"
- Col. Jeff Cooper
ops144
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/20/2011 12:15:09 PM
That looks nice..
IAFF 1526
ArmaLite
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/20/2011 12:39:35 PM
Originally Posted By SASS:

Originally Posted By ArmaLite:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd318/Armalite1/M-1522LRCarbine.jpg

TR

Thanks TR for the input....
I was wondering about the cost,
I figured from the response I got from Glenn...it had to be a fully functional M-15 Lower...
with the M-15/22 upper...where other companies are strictly for the .22 cal...such as Colt and M&P....we won't even talk about Ruger....LOL.
It is a Interesting Package....would give a guy a Really nice Plinker and the Option to up-grade to a Full M-15 Upper....
Unfortunately I really can't justify over 7 bills for a .22 Cal...even though I would love it.....Just because I would have to get another M-15 upper to go with it....LOL....
My wife is understanding...but I TRY NOT TO PUSH IT....I do think I might be interested in the upper though....
I take it, it comes with the mag and so forth......?
It will fit a Standard ArmaLite M-15 Lower...Correct...
One other note...Just curious...why didn't you call it the M-22...I would say because of the Lower...Correct.
Thanks again TR....I just hope someone may have gotten one and posts up....would like to hear what they think...
If I DO GET ONE...I will of course do a YT Review on it.....as I do with all my Acquisitions...and post it up....

SASS

The upper is part number U22LRLB and retails for $389.00. They are currently in stock. The upper like all of our uppers do not come with a magazine. The magazines are part numbers 22LR10R (10 rd) and 22LR26R (26 rd) and retail for $19.95 each. The upper is the same upper that's on the complete rifle and that is on a standard M-15 lower.

Since it's on an M-15 lower we didn't want to change it to any other designation such as "M-22".

TR

AR stands for ArmaLite
crocodile427
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/20/2011 1:54:59 PM
Thats just plain cool. I have seen the Colts, they just dont feel right. My friend has the M&P and its fun to shoot, but also feels funny being all polymer. This would be perfect getting kids into the AR15. Like Mr. TR said, you can either slap another upper on it, or go ahead and change out the barrel, BCG and I assume hardware like that barrel nut and whatnot, and kiddie gots a grown up rifle! I think thats enough to justify the $800 needed to start. I dont have kids, and dont plan on it. But just throwing that out there.
GunsmokeNC
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/21/2011 8:22:48 AM
Looks great. Finally a "real" AR15 22 lr.

I''l be looking for the mid length upper.

Who makes the mag? I already have some Black Dog mags for my Sig 22.
GunsmokeNC
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/21/2011 8:25:29 AM
Also, does the bolt lock back after the last round?

Does it stay back until the mag is changes and you hit the bolt release?
ArmaLite
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/21/2011 9:00:48 AM
Originally Posted By GunsmokeNC:
Looks great. Finally a "real" AR15 22 lr.

I''l be looking for the mid length upper.

Who makes the mag? I already have some Black Dog mags for my Sig 22.

CMMG makes the mags.

TR
AR stands for ArmaLite
ArmaLite
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/21/2011 9:03:41 AM
Originally Posted By GunsmokeNC:
Also, does the bolt lock back after the last round?

Does it stay back until the mag is changes and you hit the bolt release?

You'll need to buy a kit (I'm told) from CMMG to lock the bolt back after the last round. Without the kit you'll need to pull back on the charging handle to feed the first round.

TR

AR stands for ArmaLite
SASS
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/21/2011 11:26:32 AM
Thanks for all the input TR....will give it some thought. Most likely being I have a M-15 A4 C....I will look more toward the Upper...
On the designation...M-15/22...You confirmed what I had figured...as with the "other" Brands...the lowers are not interchangeable...with a .223/5.56 upper...
As with all ArmaLite Rifles...Innovation at it's best...
Thanks...
SASS
JOIN THE PRIDE

- Col. Jeff Cooper
NVCapCop
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/21/2011 5:36:41 PM
I wish they came with a pencil barrel.