Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/11/2017 11:03:20 PM EDT
I just got a used faxon 16" barrel off of the EE for a really nice price. I want to pair this with a cheap mlok rail to make a little beater gun. I want to use a standard barrel nut if possible, as I have a bunch just sitting here.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:21:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Budget these are hard to beat. STNGR although no experience with them. Review I saw was good. Although it was only on review. They are cheaper than the ALG EMR rails although personally I am still leaning more towards the ERM for my next build.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:38:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Aero Quantum
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at the runnerrunnerguns.com EOS rails. VERY solid product for the price.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:06:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take a look at the runnerrunnerguns.com EOS rails. VERY solid product for the price.
View Quote
Looks like I have to buy the entire upper.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 2:40:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a matrix rail. I like it but I am not running a front sight at all. If I was I'd get a rail that "locks in"
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 4:03:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Why not buy a Blem rail from ALG? They are under $100 and come with their own barrel nut. Can't get much better than that.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 7:44:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I really like the Midwest Industries (MI) rails, with gen 3 being my preferred over gen 2 as the former requires less torque, non indexing, and antirotation plate over the latter. I've seen new gen 2 keymod knock off or rebranded for $50 (Link), or the MI website has the now discontinued gen 2 on clearance for around $130. There's even a couple used MI rails on the EE here for around $100. If you do go with the gen 2, sometimes barrel nut alignment sucks and you need shims or true the front of the receiver if multiple loosen and tighten cycles don't get you there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#8]
$50, American made, comes with its own b-nut though.
http://www.chandlerhardwoods.com/product-p/ar15-15l.htm
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just got a used faxon 16" barrel off of the EE for a really nice price. I want to pair this with a cheap mlok rail to make a little beater gun. I want to use a standard barrel nut if possible, as I have a bunch just sitting here.
View Quote

Super easy....you google "what mlok handguards use mil-spec barrel nut"

Then, you see which one of those is the least expensive and buy that one.

Shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes to find something.

_
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#10]
ALG.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for posting that link re: STNGR handguards.

Built-in QD sockets
Included crow foot wrench
non-indexing barrel nut
T-marks (on some models)
Anti-rotation tabs
Made in USA for around $100 or less

ETA: I just noticed free priority mail shipping.

I might have to check that out!
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Guntec.  I think monmouth reloading even makes their own mlok rails which are pretty cheap.

Or search the EE
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I ordered one of those STNGR handguards (15" M-LOK). For joining their mailing list they gave me $5 off my order and free shipping.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#14]
ALG makes great stuff at a killer price. Affordable for everyone but still very legit and well made.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guntec.  I think monmouth reloading even makes their own mlok rails which are pretty cheap.

Or search the EE
View Quote
another vote for guntec. I am happy with mine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Magpul's new MOE SL handguards are the cat's meow.  Inexpensive and very serviceable, plastic handguards can be made in shapes which fit the hand better than any metal or carbon fiber tube.  The new MOE SL handguards have Mlok slots all around, and come in sizes for both carbine and middy gas and in various colors.  Since you already have a GI barrel nut, all you need for this are a GI delta ring assy and end cap. good luck - CW
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top