Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2017 7:02:08 AM EDT
I have a set of twin girls that are about old enough to start shooting. I bought two consecutively number Spikes Tactical lowers (twins) last year and are building ar's for the, I put Spikes Tactical parts kits wiht BCM MOD 0 stocks and tube on them. The uppers are BCM flat tops with BCM bolt carrier groups. The gas block is a flat top on a 16" chrome line M4 contoured 1 in 7 twist barrel. The fore grips and flash suppressor are milspec. Macpul flip sights fore and aft with a good patrol sling. What do you think for a good starter ar?
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:16:35 AM EDT
[#1]
If the girls want to shoot thats awesome. They might enjoy handling them with a little less weight out front. A little thinner barrels is just a suggestion. Looks like quality builds though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the girls want to shoot thats awesome. They might enjoy handling them with a little less weight out front. A little thinner barrels is just a suggestion. Looks like quality builds though.
View Quote
We will start at the range and go from there.  Teach them the basics on a bench.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree generally women because of the lack of upper body strength prefer a lighter barrel profile. I would look at Light Weight or Pencil free floated with a nice lightweight rail.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think I've ever met a girl who likes gov profile barrels. Pencil is the way to go.

Better yet just go ahead and file your SBR paperwork and chop those barrels when it gets back
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Agreed with the pencil barrel.

+/- on the SBR.  if it's going to be for them, let them file the papers at 18.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Go Commando ... 607  (if you SBR them), if you don't want to SBR it, go with an XM177E2.

Not only will they be small and light, but they'll get a history lesson...
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 11:58:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ditto that. Go light weight. Really light weight.  The girls will really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 12:16:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Gotta film it, and send it to that reporter who obtained PTSD from shooting an AR
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gotta film it, and send it to that reporter who obtained PTSD from shooting an AR
View Quote
It might send him off into an 'episode' and cause him to sue for emotional distress...
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like you'll enjoy having a couple spares in the safe........
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top