Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/28/2017 2:14:03 PM EDT
I've seen people say suff about waiting until 4th of JUly sales.  Its  just around the corner.  I'm looking for stripped lowers, and uppers, and all parts.  Will you send me links to stuff that youve seen, pleas.  All I seem to come up with is the Midway, PSA stuff.  Maybe I don't know where to look.  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Go here: HERE

Or here: HERE

The best way stay updated on deals is to sign up for email updates from individual vendors. 
Palmetto State Armory runs great deals and send emails every day with their "Daily Deals"
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Something to take into consideration when making any purchase (if you use a credit card) is the benefits that your card gives you.

I have a couple of Citi cards and a couple of Chase cards. Both of these cards have a 'Price Protection' benefit. What that is, is if I purchase something today and find it advertised at a lower price anytime within 60 days (Citi) or 90 days (Chase), I can put in a claim and the card company will refund me with the difference.

That can be done for up to $250 per item (or maybe it's $500, I forget), and up to $2500 total, per year.

A couple of examples of how I've recently used it. I bought the 5D Tactical jig in May, not even thinking about the Memorial Day sales. On Memorial Day weekend, I saw that the price dropped. So I put in a claim with Citi and within a week, I had $99.99 refunded back to my account.

Later, I bought a new barrel from ar15sport.com. A 1:9 Twist, 20" pencil barrel. Upon searching the web (after my purchase), I found a 1:9 20" Pencil for $95 cheaper (which was out of stock). A week later, I had $95 refunded back to my account.

If you take the time to do the searching, especially around the holidays where sales hit, you can get a good amount back on your purchases. Black Friday and Cyber Monday were great for me last year.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Something to take into consideration when making any purchase (if you use a credit card) is the benefits that your card gives you.

I have a couple of Citi cards and a couple of Chase cards. Both of these cards have a 'Price Protection' benefit. What that is, is if I purchase something today and find it advertised at a lower price anytime within 60 days (Citi) or 90 days (Chase), I can put in a claim and the card company will refund me with the difference.

That can be done for up to $250 per item (or maybe it's $500, I forget), and up to $2500 total, per year.

A couple of examples of how I've recently used it. I bought the 5D Tactical jig in May, not even thinking about the Memorial Day sales. On Memorial Day weekend, I saw that the price dropped. So I put in a claim with Citi and within a week, I had $99.99 refunded back to my account.

Later, I bought a new barrel from ar15sport.com. A 1:9 Twist, 20" pencil barrel. Upon searching the web (after my purchase), I found a 1:9 20" Pencil for $95 cheaper (which was out of stock). A week later, I had $95 refunded back to my account.

If you take the time to do the searching, especially around the holidays where sales hit, you can get a good amount back on your purchases. Black Friday and Cyber Monday were great for me last year.
View Quote
Great advice!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Great advice!
View Quote
The great thing is, it doesn't matter if the lower priced item is 'out of stock'. If it's advertised, they match it. Some websites don't remove their old ads, once things sell out. So you could find a 3 year ad, with its 3 year old price, but it's still 'advertised' even though it's 'out of stock', and you'll still get that advertised price.

They also don't take shipping charges or taxes into account. On Amazon, I have 'Prime', which is $80 or $100 per year. They give 'free shipping' with Prime, but most times, the Prime item prices are more expensive than those that aren't Prime. That accounts for the 'free shipping'. So, I buy my 'Prime' item, then look at the other Amazon sellers offerings. Suppose the 'Prime' item is $20 with free shipping. Another seller (non-Prime) may have the exact same item listed for $12.95 with $7.05 shipping, totaling the same $20. But using the price protection on the $20 Prime order, I get the $7.05 refunded back to me. So I get the Prime shipping (2 days) and true 'free shipping', thanks to Price Protection.

It's all a game, you just have to make the rules go in your favor.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Who ends up paying for the amount that is reimbursed to you?
View Quote
The credit card companies have an insurance firm, and they pay the money back to you. For Chase, it's Virginia Surety, I'm not sure if it's the same insurance company for Citi or not though.

Citi will credit it directly to my card balance, unless I ask for a check. Chase just sends a check (which comes from Virginia Surety).
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Who ends up paying for the amount that is reimbursed to you?
View Quote
Since you're a dealer, I assume you're asking because you wouldn't want that money coming from your sale, which I completely understand.

There's times when I'll go to a local gun store, who is pretty high on their prices, and I'll buy from them when I know full well I can get the item cheaper from Grab a Gun or someplace online like that. Specifically, I bought a Springfield 1911 Range Officer from them and paid something like $700 or $800 (I forget now). I knew I could get it online for about $200 cheaper (again, somewhere in that price range). I bought it from them for the higher price for a couple of reasons though. One, I got a free range membership for the purchase and two, to support a local company.

The refund that I got from the credit card didn't come from the gun store, but like I said above, it came from the card company's insurance policy. So the gun store made a nice profit and I got the pistol that I wanted at my desired price.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
One thing I grabbed was 2 more Rise Armament RA-140 drop in triggers.

It's the trigger I've "standardized" on for my 80% builds.

Primary Arms has them for $79.99

https://i.imgur.com/aLqldib.jpg
View Quote
Goodness. Just paid 122.00 + shipping days ago. But it did include the KNS pin set. 80.00 is a heck of a deal.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#11]
You do realize...we have a ton of vendors.

You can go to their websites, and see what is on sale.

You can also use google,  bing and slick guns to help with your shopping list.

Because...essentially, you are asking us to do your shopping homework for you.

_
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#12]
The price match guarantee has been around for close to a decade now, Amex has been doing it for a long time, I got my first credit close to 10 years ago, Chase has been doing it for a couple years as well Citi.

It is really nothing new.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank you Everybody!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Prices are so low right now on everything!!!  I purchased a stripped Aero Upper with parts kit from Schuyler (pre-election) for $65 + $7 S/H.  I told my wife at the time that we would never see this advertised for this low of a price.  Well....

http://www.monmouthreloading.com/shop/aero-precision-ar15-assembled-upper-receiver/

Monmouth website has AP ASSEMBLED upper receivers for $54.49 + $5 shipping.  Doh!!! Super Good Deal - IMO.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The price match guarantee has been around for close to a decade now, Amex has been doing it for a long time, I got my first credit close to 10 years ago, Chase has been doing it for a couple years as well Citi.

View Quote
No, it's nothing new at all. I got my first one quite a few years ago too. How many people know about and use it though? Wherever I mention it, there's always people that had no clue that they had that benefit. I had actually forgotten about the benefit for a few years until a couple of years ago when I started using it again.

I have it on my American Express also, but it's not nearly as good as the Citi or Chase versions. On that one, you can only submit 4 claims in one year. I submitted more than 4 claims just yesterday lol.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You do realize...we have a ton of vendors.

You can go to their websites, and see what is on sale.

You can also use google,  bing and slick guns to help with your shopping list.

Because...essentially, you are asking us to do your shopping homework for you.
_
View Quote
Don't be such an asshole. This is what forums are for, combining group knowledge in a way that's searchable and accessible. Not every vendor has sales worth spending any time looking at. Not every vendor with cheap prices is worth the hassle of dealing with. That's where threads like this can be a good resource.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 1:20:37 AM EDT
[#17]
DO NOT go to geissele.com the website will forcibly sodomize your wallet and have you coming back for more with their freedom sale.

I mean, sure its a ridiculously low price for a rail you don't need and free  shipping,  but what you don't realize is that an hour later you'll be thinking to yourself  "I should buy a second of the same damn rail in a different color." And this is after realizing that I don't have a suitable host for the first rail.

Go here, but kiss your money goodbye first.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 1:32:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:12:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No, it's nothing new at all. I got my first one quite a few years ago too. How many people know about and use it though? Wherever I mention it, there's always people that had no clue that they had that benefit. I had actually forgotten about the benefit for a few years until a couple of years ago when I started using it again.

I have it on my American Express also, but it's not nearly as good as the Citi or Chase versions. On that one, you can only submit 4 claims in one year. I submitted more than 4 claims just yesterday lol.
View Quote
Well at least you are working the system.

Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:20:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
5D Tactical has a 4th of July sale starting now. 80% Jigs, lowers, stripped uppers, P80 PF940C frames, stripped Glock19 slides. Everything is on sale. Prices are marked down on the site. Get after it!

5D Tactical Website

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455713/4th-sale-241813.jpg
View Quote
Boy I would really like to buy one of those Hybrid end mills with a full shank size of 5/16, I am thinking about getting and milling the 1/4 part of the shank off!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 4:59:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
DO NOT go to geissele.com the website will forcibly sodomize your wallet and have you coming back for more with their freedom sale.

I mean, sure its a ridiculously low price for a rail you don't need and free  shipping,  but what you don't realize is that an hour later you'll be thinking to yourself  "I should buy a second of the same damn rail in a different color." And this is after realizing that I don't have a suitable host for the first rail.

View Quote
ALG Defense too.  

My wallet got double raped tonight.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have 2 Chase cards and sure as hell didn't know.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote
Hell I get emails from each of the credit card companies at least once a month that remind me of this feature/benefit to having their cards.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote
It's a great feature. Chase gives you 90 days to find a lower price where Citi only gives you 60 days.

With Citi, you can let them do the lower price search or you can do it yourself. Citi never finds a lower price for me, even when I can find 10 advertised prices lower.

You can't use places like eBay or Gun Broker as your 'lower advertised price' and the items are supposed to be new (though I've had a few surplus items slip through, like my Type D buttstock).

If I were you, I'd look at the last 90 days worth of purchases and then when you have a little time, search for those items and see if you can find a lower price. Remember, being out of stock doesn't matter. If the price is advertised lower, take a screen shot and save it.

Filing a claim with Chase is simple. just go to https://www.eclaimsline.com/ and follow their instructions. You'll need a screen shot of the lower advertised price, a scan of your receipt/invoice and a scan of your billing statement with the charge on it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh my god. Bread and cheese sandwiches for a while now. Thank you (?)
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:13:24 AM EDT
[#26]
May I direct you to here ALG s Independence sale?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#27]
there's not been a lot of notable 4th sales this year. PSA used to be legendary, but so far nothing more than your average "daily deals" sales with a "fourth of july sale!" banner on them
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#28]
shoot steel has a sale 20 % off,  got me two complete target stands with the 2x4 cover for 316 shipped.

code is happy4th
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
there's not been a lot of notable 4th sales this year. PSA used to be legendary, but so far nothing more than your average "daily deals" sales with a "fourth of july sale!" banner on them
View Quote
Does not surprise me at all, everything has been on sale since the election last year, they can only go so low.

Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We definitely have some stuff lower than we normally do.  And we will have these ready to go in about a week.  

RTB Assembled AR-15 Upper Receiver with Port Door and Forward Assist $44.95
View Quote
You guys are killing me, you are killing me!

LOL

Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
5D Tactical has a 4th of July sale starting now. 80% Jigs, lowers, stripped uppers, P80 PF940C frames, stripped Glock19 slides. Everything is on sale. Prices are marked down on the site. Get after it!

5D Tactical Website

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455713/4th-sale-241813.jpg
View Quote
Man I bought my Modulus Jig right before your jig came onto the scene... I've been regretting it ever since.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Man I bought my Modulus Jig right before your jig came onto the scene... I've been regretting it ever since.
View Quote
I have both and they are very comparable in how they are used and the quality of them, I don't regret having either one of them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:15:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Man I found this thread a day late and a dollar short. But between Aero Precision, Optics planet, and brownells I save close to $700 on my new rifle build.

I suggest Getting on aero precision's mailing list. They are always blowing out something or other, and all there stuff is quality and made in USA
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:20:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Man I found this thread a day late and a dollar short. But between Aero Precision, Optics planet, and brownells I save close to $700 on my new rifle build.

I suggest Getting on aero precision's mailing list. They are always blowing out something or other, and all there stuff is quality and made in USA
View Quote
Aero Precision had $100 off every 500 spent so i placed multiple orders for just over $500, and got my gieselle SD-E Trigger on sale for $164 *almost $100 off normal price.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top