Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2017 9:35:01 AM EDT
Ok, quick share in case it might help anyone.

Purchased a 15" UTG SS M-Lol rail for a new build... I know, it isn't BCM or DD, etc.

I found I just liked it, and grabbed one.

Initially I was impressed with it once installed.  However, looking closer, the barrel was not centered, nor was it holding tight to upper receiver.

Lesson learned, ok, ok.

So, I did a little research on here, found an archived post on the 9" UTG SS Keymod version from a few years back. References McMaster Carr screws as a possible solution and a link.

Ordered them, installed them. The screws supplied by UTG are soft, strip easily and are too long. The supplied screws were actually able to touch the barrel through the barrel nut, creating a loose uneven pivot point.  Once I used the new screws, the rail is straight, true, and solid.

UTG never got back to my email about my issue, so ordering 7 dollars worth of screws fixed it. Wanted to share in case others run into this. A solid and reasonable product shouldn't be "screwed" by a 10 cent fastener.

Thanks. Fastener info below. Can confirm works with UTG SS Pro M-Lok 15" rail.

McMaster Carr website...
92137A301Hex Drive Flanged Rounded Head Screws, Alloy Steel, M4 x 0.7 mm Thread, 6mm Long, packs of 25
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top