Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/22/2017 5:30:37 PM EDT
Im about to do a new build and people have been talking about 620 as a more appropriate bedding medium for the barrel extension than blue. I've done it in blue and red and with a little heat and a wooden dowel rod the barrel can be removed....

Is servicing a receiver with 620 any more difficult?..its a lot thicker and easier to work with.....
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Used it but haven't tried disassembling one with it yet.  It's made for cylindrical surfaces gaps.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:48:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems to me it would be a pain in the a$$ to remove if needed.

"Loctite® 620™ is a high temperature (450°F), high viscosity liquid retaining compound for cylindrical bonding .Provides a shear strength of over 3,800 psi on steel. Locks and secures metal cylindrical assemblies up to 0.015" diametral clearance. Prevents metal fretting and corrosion, Stops leakages. Typical applications
include locating pins in radiator assemblies, sleeves into pump housings and bearings in auto transmissions."
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]
It would probably come off with a blow torch or a big cut off blade on a hand grinder. Sounds like overkill. I just use anti-seize compound.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top