Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/20/2017 8:32:07 PM EDT
Working on a new build and wanting a 14.5" mid length barrel with taper pin holes for front sight. I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for so I'm looking for suggestions on where I can find one. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I doubt you will find one with the taper holes already drilled in it, unless you buy a used one, each FSB and barrel are drilled as a pair, so the chances that another will fit those previous taper holes is pretty slim.  Normally when I buy a barrel that has been drilled for a front site, I end up turning the FSB into a set screw FSB by drilling and tapping it for hex screws.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:32:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I happen to have one of those PSA uppers mentioned above, shoots well and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if so inclined.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:25:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one of those PSA uppers in 6.8 in light barrel profile. I ended up chopping the sight tower off.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top