Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2017 11:14:18 PM EDT
Hello everyone, I believe I have finally put together a list of parts for my lower that I will be happy with. Seeing as this is my first build, please let me know your comments or suggestions. I will probably be going with a LaRue trigger, the Geissele is a bit out of my budget. Most of the items I found on Joe Bobs Outfitters. Thanks

Spikes Tactical AR-15 6pos Milspec Carbine Stock Hardware Kit with T2 Buffer - $67.95

MAGPUL AR-15 CTR Buttstock Mil-Spec Diameter - Black - $51.95

MAGPUL AR-15 MIAD Gen 1.1 Grip Kit Type 1 - Black - $32.95

YHM EZ Pull Takedown Pin Set - $17.95

Spike's Tactical AR-15 CRUSADER Stripped Lower Receiver w/ Integral Trigger Guard-$103.50

CMC AR-15 Anti-Walk Pin Kit-Set of (2) .154 Hammer & Trigger Pins - $11.95

Strike Industries AR-15 Enhanced Magazine Catch - Black - $9.95

DPMS - AR-15 LOWER PARTS KIT LESS TRIGGER GROUP & GRIP - 34.99
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:36:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello everyone, I believe I have finally put together a list of parts for my lower that I will be happy with. Seeing as this is my first build, please let me know your comments or suggestions. I will probably be going with a LaRue trigger, the Geissele is a bit out of my budget. Most of the items I found on Joe Bobs Outfitters. Thanks

Spikes Tactical AR-15 6pos Milspec Carbine Stock Hardware Kit with T2 Buffer - $67.95

Spike's Tactical AR-15 CRUSADER Stripped Lower Receiver w/ Integral Trigger Guard-$103.50

View Quote
Geissele and many other companies will have discounts on 4th July week. Wait to buy then.

Geissele usually does 30% off.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

cmmg gunbuilders kit and regular h2 buffer. just my two pennies.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:13:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you, that would put it back in the budget!  I will have to look out for that one.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:15:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Thats a good deal for the builders kit.  What is the difference between the H2 and the Spikes T2, and would it still work with the Spikes Spring and Buffer Tube?  Thanks for your help.  I am just trying to get as much info as possible before ordering everything.  The upper will be even funner!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:15:50 AM EDT
[#5]
The LaRue trigger is supposed to be pretty nice (haven't tried one myself) but if you really want a Geissele, DPMS has the G2S for $109 right now.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:37:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thats a good deal for the builders kit.  What is the difference between the H2 and the Spikes T2, and would it still work with the Spikes Spring and Buffer Tube?  Thanks for your help.  I am just trying to get as much info as possible before ordering everything.  The upper will be even funner!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

spikes uses powder in the buffer, it's just non-standard which irks me, i don't know enough to really talk but some people say it causes bolt bounce or something i don't know.

they are interchangeable though yeah and spikes puts out quality stuff otherwise
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I just put together a spikes crusader lower last night using the spikes builder kit and that ALG act trigger and I have to say that the spikes lower parts kit is one of the nicest kits I've used. The roll pins are great and go in with ease. I will be using them from now on.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Not sure if this is still out of your budget, or if it's already been posted, but dpms is currently having a sale on the  GS2 triggers for $109.00 (orig. $165), contract overrun.

I just paid $119 shipped for an early b-day present  :)

ETA: somehow missed the post, sorry
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Geissele and many other companies will have discounts on 4th July week. Wait to buy then.

Geissele usually does 30% off.
View Quote
Thanks, the more I look at the Geissele the more I really want it!  I'm trying to save on a few other parts, by buying on here to bee able to squeeze in the trigger!
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:02:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not sure if this is still out of your budget, or if it's already been posted, but dpms is currently having a sale on the  GS2 triggers for $109.00 (orig. $165), contract overrun.

I just paid $119 shipped for an early b-day present  :)

ETA: somehow missed the post, sorry
View Quote
Thanks, I checked that out but I'm leaning toward the SSA-E.  Its seems pretty sweet, and has great reviews.  4th of July is right around the corner, so hopefully I get lucky.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just put together a spikes crusader lower last night using the spikes builder kit and that ALG act trigger and I have to say that the spikes lower parts kit is one of the nicest kits I've used. The roll pins are great and go in with ease. I will be using them from now on.
View Quote
Thanks for the advice, you just pushed me to go ahead and get the Spikes LPK.  I was able to find it on here with out the trigger group for $40 so I saved a few dollars.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top