Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/12/2017 6:36:30 PM EDT
I really want to spend less than $30 but I will spend a bit more if it seems worth it. I don't want anything fancy, just something that is a bit smoother and lighter than milspec. I already have the PSA nickel plated enhanced trigger and it feels exactly like their normal trigger to me, which isn't bad at all (much better than the triggers on my M4 6920's), but I want to try something new. I've only found two that caught my eye:

1) Ground Zero Precision EFC - Not nickel plated, but polished
    https://www.groundzeroprecision.com/collections/drop-in-triggers/products/ground-zero-precision-enhanced-fire-control-efc-group?variant=4573139329

2) AR Stoner ETG - Nickel plated, maybe not polished
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/407819/ar-stoner-enhanced-trigger-group-ar-15-lr-308-small-pin-154-single-stage?cm_mmc=pe_weekly-_-wishcartsale-_-wishcartsale_automated-_-producttitle
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Right to Bear has a nickel Teflon one for$39.99
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Any other suggestions, or first hand experience?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#4]
ALG is what you seek - great single stage triggers.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 6:10:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Right to bear enhanced. Just a touch lighter and smoother than my two acts.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#6]
If you were also in the market for a lower parts kit, I would say to get the Bravo Co enhanced lower parts kit.
It comes with a great trigger.
Can be found for $99 shipped.
That comes with a grip and enhanced trigger guard as well.
Great deal if you need all the other parts.
I have several of them and now prefer them over my ALG triggers.

Otherwise, ALG triggers are good as well.
ACT if you can budget it, QMS otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#7]
ALG, CMMG, Stag, Rock River, are all good choices.  Very few actual manufactures of mil-spc triggers, so many use the same shop.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had good luck with the triggers in CMMG kits.  I have only used them so I don't know if better ones are out there or not but I was happy enough with the first one I haven't felt the need to shop around.

I did get a 3# Velocity drop in for my last rifle, a little over your budget at $150 but you can get a LPK for free (or upgrade to CMMG for an extra $10 which I did) at WCArmory.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll third the right to bear trigger.I have 3 and all have been outstanding for the price.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:19:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an ALG QMS, and two BCM PNT triggers in my rifles. The coated BCM trigger is smoother. ALG ACT would be more comparable to it. Think the BCM trigger was around $55 and the QMS was $40. 
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:50:20 PM EDT
[#12]
So I ordered the AR Stoner trigger just because it fit my desired specs best, and I thought I'd give it a chance. I'll try and post results in a couple weeks of it is any better than my PSA triggers. And again I will say both my PSA nickel plated EPT and PSA standard trigger feel twice as good as my Colt 6920 factory triggers.

Interestingly, I just stopped by a friend's house who had about 30 AR's decked out with mostly Geiselle two stage triggers. I tried pretty much all of the triggers (dry fire). Good stuff. Next time I will get a two stage, I just wish they didn't cost so much--the price is really ridiculous for what it is.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Isn't AR Stoner that company who has had a lot of crappy products lately? Seems I've heard some not nice things about them here. 
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#14]
QMS or ACT on sale.  The QMS is a good trigger, especially for the money.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a PSA NiB trigger and it is very nice. No creep, no grit with a crisp sharp break. Very nice mil spec single stage trigger. For $30 its a good choice for a replacement if all you want is a good duty trigger for cheap. They go on sale for $25 a lot you just need to watch for it.
If you want a top grade trigger the SSA is the best imo. You pay for that quality though.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a PSA NiB trigger and it is very nice. No creep, no grit with a crisp sharp break. Very nice mil spec single stage trigger. For $30 its a good choice for a replacement if all you want is a good duty trigger for cheap. They go on sale for $25 a lot you just need to watch for it.
If you want a top grade trigger the SSA is the best imo. You pay for that quality though.
View Quote
Yea I know. I said it twice already. The PSA nickel polished (EPT) I own has zero takeup, breaks without grit, and resets nicely. Tthe interesting thing is that my standard PSA trigger seems to work exactly the same, which is quite good. I've been doing some research and I think PSA probably has some of the best standard triggers in their LPK's. That's kinda why I wanted to try a third party trigger to see if it can beat PSA for about the same price out of curiousity (I already know that ALG triggers are supposed to be about the same as PSA's EPT, so I wasn't interested in paying twice as much for one), and also to see if I could get it a bit lighter, because PSA triggers don't seem particularly light.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, it's barely below your bogey of $50, but I have heard really good things about BCM PNT Trigger at Primary Arms, on sale for $49.99.  Don't have experience with this trigger, but I've heard from the guys here at ARFCOM that it is a good trigger.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I was very surprised by the Anderson Stainless trigger group for less than $30.  After a bit of polishing on contact points and a pretravel set screw it beats many more expensive triggers.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll break from the pack here and tell you not to bother buying anything new unless you spend $150+
Assuming you bought a good quality LPK to begin with, take your existing trigger parts and lightly, gently, carefully polish them up with a dremel and felt wheel. Then put a decent amount of moly grease on the mating surfaces. Add JP yellow springs and you should have a trigger that feels just as nice as anything under $150. Keep your old springs, if you get light strikes then replace just the hammer spring.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Well I got the AR Stoner (Midway USA brand) enhanced trigger install and it is pretty much what I expected. Feels the same as my PSA triggers, which is good, except it feels a tad lighter. Zero takeup, no grit, not bad. I suspect all of these "enhanced" mil spec triggers are pretty much the same, like ALG, and I'm glad I paid $35 instead of $55 if that's the case.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Could keep the standard mil-spec trigger and buy a bottle of flitz and polish the appropriate contacts. Or just shoot the heck out of it. My old M&P has a great worn in trigger and a random lower I built that I polished also is pretty darn decent for a q tip and 5 minutes of time.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top